Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Collaboration Quote


I read this quote by George Bernard Shaw on Ozge Karaoglu's blog and I thought it would be great to share with everyone on Collaboration Corner. George Bernard Shaw was an Irish playwright (writer of plays) who died in 1950.

The quote goes...

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” George Bernard Shaw


What do you think this quote means?

1 comment:

  1. Dear 2KM,

    I think that poem by George Betnard Shaw, "If you trade an apple for another apple you'll still get one apple." Means that you are just making a switch for the same thing. The other part of the saying that he said is "If you have an idea, and another person has an idea, and you exchange your ideas you will have two ideas." This is because you still have your idea in mind and the other idea that the other person has you get two ideas.

    I like to share ideas!

    From,
    Scarlet (from Mrs. Yollis' class)

    ReplyDelete